Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

We are getting the school year started today! I have been excited for weeks. I am very pleased with our curriculum this year (as pleased as I can be without actually USING it yet, of course) and look forward to seeing how it goes. I will try to post an update or some photos later today.

I actually got the back-to-school butterflies over the weekend. After a late night working on Saturday night, I have had a peaceful morning with time for coffee, solitude and Bible reading. Sometime I'll try to reflect on how the entire-Bible-in-90-days thing has gone. I'm in the final week!

Pixie had her first sleepover party this weekend. That wasn't what kept me up Saturday night, but it was certainly a large piece of our weekend (as was the date night our friends gave us on Friday night. Thank you!)

Finally, I have about 6 weeks until I have to file my private-school affidavit with the state. I welcome (and would enjoy) any suggestions for our school NAME that you have to offer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Dandelion Day School

Dandelion for Daniel in the Lions den. It takes courage to face the unknown and learn , fail sometimes and try again and again. Daniel was brave like this and knew that God would help him.

Dents de lion means the "Teeth of a Lion" in French because the leaf of a dandelion looks sharp and pointed like the teeth of a lion.

A Dandelion is bright and yellow like the sun.School should be a bright and happy experience full of sunlight and Son Light.

When a Dandelion goes to seed it forms a perfect circle of seed fluff which when it is blown carries seeds to the distant corners of the world. When you graduate from school I hope your influence and learning will spread to the far corners of the earth.
Thais is my idea for your school name Love ,Nan Powlison

Anonymous said...

Wow you even heard a lion roar, i just read that