Friday, July 3, 2009

Clarification

Briefly--

I just wanted to be clear that when I titled my last post "I'd rather be cakewrecking," I meant reading that blog and looking at some of the hilarious photos ("Happy Falker Satherhood,"anyone?). It usually makes me laugh. It sometimes makes me cry from laughing, and J comes in to see what's going on.

Anyway, when I posted that last link all of the photos were of Fourth-of-July cakes; appropriate, I thought, since I'm getting ready for a celebration this weekend and making two cakes to go with it. The next morning, though, there was a new posting on Cake Wrecks: all about "ladies' health" cakes. Who ever knew there was such a thing? But I assure you, my desire to be wrecking some cakes had nothing to do with any sort of minor--or major--surgery.

OK, here is the cake I finished tonight. It would DEFINITELY make Cake Wrecks, only you have to be a professional for that, and I'm just the amateur. It makes me laugh. The other one will be much more...normal.


In order to prove that I'm not taking myself too seriously, I will offer no explanations or disclaimers...which is pretty difficult. :)

Have a Happy Fourth!

No comments: