Friday, September 14, 2007

Due!


I don't know whether you can read my shirt or not, but it reads "DUE / Santa Barbara" and was given to me by a friend in the neighborhood here. So what if I'm not technically due for another 9 days. We're all hoping for an earlier arrival, especially as the little due dude has settled into pinching a nerve in my back that can at times make walking difficult. Pixie and Bud are being super-champs about having a limpy, gimpy Mom...and J.D. has been downright heroic. Anyway, so I'm feeling due! :)

Besides feeling the Irish are due for a win tomorrow (Michael Hart nothwithstanding), this week Bud was overdue for a haircut. J.D. came home on Wednesday and gave him one in the backyard. I love this shot with the shadow of the scissors...


Halfway through?


Last weekend we took a family trip down to the wharf, where J.D. outfitted the kids and let them fish. Pixie was pretty easily distractable...

But she still got (as she emphatically and repeatedly referred to it) a "little nibble". She was actually right--she caught a tiny crab, which was very exciting.


Bud's first trip fishing


OK, this is J.D.'s idea and caption:
"C------n on the Carry"

(Last weekend, the false labor must have had us a little bit giddy!)

3 comments:

Nona Bee said...

LOVE your captions!!
Also, teh shot of Charlie getting a haircut is GREAT (good thing Kim is in the Midwest---I see a future in photography in Santa BArbara!!! ;-)
See you all next week--Lord-willing!!m/n/k

Nona Bee said...

Great photos...I love it. I would hang on to the shot of "Covington on the Carry". You can frame it and hang it on the wall behind the dudes' trophies. Dad

Anonymous said...

These photos are HILARIOUS!