I know I just posted, but about an hour of false labor tonight (9/8) has me wanting to get caught up with things a little bit. I packed my hospital bag this afternoon, cleaned out and organized the pantry last week, and we--hooray!--have the nursery all set up. The garage is, alas, still full of boxes...
So, we're all pretty disappointed in the luck of the Irish so far this season. Is the only balm that Michigan is having just as hard of a time (and they with higher expectations??) This is apparently the first time in history that both programs have started 0-2 the same year. Good thing we play them next weekend. Someone has to snap this losing streak! It reminds me of my senior year of high school, when our last game was homecoming and we were playing the cross-town rival...who also happened to have no wins on the entire season. Yikes.
We think that Bud is finally "getting it" that a baby brother is on the way. I think it has been the combination of spending time with a baby boy from down the street and seeing the tiny little baby shoes in the nursery closet (these were Bud's, but he was too big at birth to wear them. I'm hoping this one is under, say, the nine-pound mark!!). So what if half the time he says the baby is in his own tummy? He can make it poke out alot like mine.
As I type, we are 14 days out from "the date." We haven't been early yet, but this time I'm kinda hoping...we'll see!





2 comments:
Ok, I had to have a little "talk" with Brad about loyalty to the wife when he turned to me and said "Penn State vrs. Notre Dame, I almost don't know who to root for..." Sorry guys, you know I love ya, but he just can't say that to his born and bred Pennsylvanian wife... I had to remind him that it isn't all that comfy on the couch!
Seeing Charlie sacked out on the floor brings back lots of memories. Aidan used to fall asleep on the hardwood floor beside his gated doorway the first couple weeks after moving him to the toddler bed.
Post a Comment