Monday, February 6, 2012

Picturing Pixie

Our Christmas present to Pixie was a camera.

We decided that her eye for beauty was a good thing to be developed. Also, I got a camera for birthday/anniversary/Christmas, and we thought it would be fun to learn to use them together. I'm also thinking of hosting a blog on her behalf, where I'll post her photos, captions and thoughts. I thought it would be very fun to start sharing a hobby with her.



Last week we took our (now-)annual field trip to the local butterfly preserve. We both took pictures. I hope to get them up sometime soon.

She usually is on the hunt for faces and making "stories" (she can shoot video) but she's branching out a little with some nature shots. I can't wait to go on a nature hike with her, so we can go off capturing together!

She's getting so big. I love her so much. I look at her and see a baby and an 18-month old and a five-year-old all wrapped up in an almost-nine-year-old package, and I love her so much at all of those ages all at the same time.


And I love the 12-year old and the 20-year-old, too, and the 40-year-old also, although I can't see them quite as clearly. I hope that I have the privilege of knowing her very well by then.

Because she's precious and very cool. And because I want to see how Jesus helps her overcome her weaknesses, and I want to watch the blossoms of the strengths she's been given come to sweet fruition.

And because I'm blessed to be her mom. And I'm just glad to be here.

2 comments:

The Guff said...

Can you just tell her that I ove her, so.
She rocks.

covcov said...

The precious Pix--very dear to our hearts! We want to see her Pix pics--because pf the window into her they will be. Thank you for so freely expressing your love of the dear. Pass our to her as well. And you.