Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday of Joy



You know what? I'm working on a blog post. The kind where I write. But I'm not feeling it tonight. So I give you pictures instead.

Tonight, J and the children added white lights to the front porch. I went to take pictures. It was already dark out--and for some reason our crazy kids decided that my camera flashing was musket fire. They hightailed it away from me, shrieking. And I gave chase.


Oh, did I chase.


My camera's pretty smart and it was pretty dark, so there was much flashing and not so much shutter opening and closing. But I did capture a few shots, between hiding around corners of houses, sneaking up between cars, and suchlike.

My lungs are still a little sore from the all-out running in the cool night air. In flip flops. In the dark. With a really nice camera around my neck (clearly, these added up to give the kids enough of an advantage that it was a pretty fair game).

Bud "surrendered" the few times I got close--he was the most elusive

J joined in, too. We had a lot of fun.

Held up by my "musket"


Sweet, sweet laughter. Children whose legs are so tired they can "barely move!". A mom who accidentally fell into a game and had the delight of remembering how fun it is to play.




Happy Third Sunday of Advent, everyone!

5 comments:

The Guff said...

so much FUN!!! I miss that place. all of it but one part.
xoxo

(i can hear wombles now: "aunt natalie, lizardlizardlizard")

Hol Cov said...

Not so may lizards around these days...it's too "cold"!! :>)

Jackie said...

Picture #1 is awesome! I envy your being able to chase your kids around in flip flops in December. :-)

Nona Bee said...

It almost felt like I was there laughinglaughinglaughing with you all!! Love the photos!!! Love the laughing!, love you!!,!,

covcov said...

We just raced around with you. Love that first pic, too! And the last one. O my!!! and.... Baited breath out here.