Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to School

We are embarking on our fourth week of school. Overall, it's been lovely. I am loving our new curriculum (Sonlight!), and am happy with some other switches we've made (no more Saxon math for Bud...because what good does it do being a math genius if you're so BORED that you HATE it? And I mean, we were both bored).

**Update: I didn't mean to imply that there were math geniuses at our house...just that Saxon tends to create math geniuses. Unfortunately, I think it often creates math geniuses who hate math. Sloppy thinking! Sloppy writing! But that's what I meant.**


But I just wanted to share some back-to--school photos. Because.


Can you believe it? A third grader! (which means I've been doing this for four years. Yikes.)



Quote: "School is different for me. I have spelling and stuff."



And oh, my. We're having sweet times, although my biggest challenge this year is turning out to be making sure this sweet pre-k'er doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Not that he would ever make that easy, mind you.

Happy back-To-School, everyone!

4 comments:

Nona Bee said...

YAY for school starting!!! I LOVE the back to school photos!! XOXOXOXXOXO

Anonymous said...

Yeay for school! Love the photos! And I was pretty happy when we left saxon in the rear view mirror. Same sense that what was the big picture here? I don't have to live like this (math-wise, anyway.) Yeay!
Joy

Jackie said...

I've talked to lots of people that didn't like Saxon for grade school. That was one of the reasons we're decided to use Singapore. I've heard that Saxon is still hard to beat once you hit 5th or 6th grade, though.

Thanks for the post!

Hol Cov said...

Jackie, We're switched to Singapore with Bud--much better! Pixie is actually still doing Saxon...I tried to talk her into Teaching Textbooks after she finished Saxon 3, but she wanted to keep on with what she'd started. I'm hoping to get Bud far enough along to do TT Level three next...