Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Love/Hate

My conflicted relationship with Legos remains...conflicted.

This morning, Bud and I completed his X-Wing Fighter. It has more than 400 pieces. It has been an adventure we've done together. He's started asking recently, "Will we finish it before my birthday?" (July!!)

I wish you could have heard his voice this morning as we approached the end, and he realized: "Mom, I think we are going to finish it TODAY!!"

Absolute delight...on both sides.



And I don't say this about many toys, but...Legos are actually worth their price (not that I bought this one. Thanks, DD and Nona, for this one in particular!).

The Hate part? One of the wings keeps breaking off, and I've spent most of QT trying to get it back together. So disappointing/frustrating! Aaaggghh! Also, still looking for ways to keep those little Legos organized. Ideas? 'Cause Legos ain't leaving town for a long while yet. We need to learn to coexist peacefully...

Side note: I am listening to the Ben Harper Pandora station. I can't recommend it enough. Currently, Trace Bundy's playing "Canon"...and Pixie came in to ask me something. It's Quiet Time, and she knows it's bedroom time. But, as she said (after asking me about the music), "It's so hard to tear myself away from this music."

I totally agree. Stay, Pixie! Sit down and enjoy the magic!

No comments: