Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good Friday and the Seals

The Mamas and the Papas and the Babies


On Good Friday, J. took the morning off and we headed down the coast to Carp to a seal rookery. There were about 150 animals down on the beach...parents and babies. Very cute. I felt a little like we were in a Planet Earth episode, what with the swimming dolphins, seals, and beautiful terrain. Seriously, if we know you and you're not some random person reading the blog, come and visit us!


Keeping the boys back from the cliff edge was a stunt!


I will try to get some photos of Easter up soon. I am running a little behind for the grandparents...we have had a couple of substantial power outages during my prime blogging times, plus lots of fun visitors :) !


J. and I had a worshipful Good Friday, attending a Tenebrae service done cooperatively by five local churches...with no children (of our own in attendance). I was grateful for the time; getting to focus is a rare opportunity indeed. We are now full throttle in Easter season though!

On the way back up from the water (on this path) Pixie was full of stories on the history of the place. She informed us she was playing "tour guide" and gave us all sorts of helpful information, including how she had grown up on this land and had helped her parents plant all of these flowers many years ago. :)


This guy was just about my speed, although I was able to avoid a head-on collision in the nick of time.

'Sta luego!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! So much fun.
Can't wait for a few more days!!!
XOXO
NMB