Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week O' Mayhem

Maybe it won't be. But we are planning to move home Thursday...Exactly 16 weeks after we left. I am very excited, and wanted to let you know.

The electricity was connected again on Saturday, and when I found out I did a jump/shout routine outside that made me think the neighbors just might think twice about welcoming us home ("It was so quiet while they were gone...") By the way, our phone number should be "live" again on Thursday.

J.D.'s parents drove down for the weekend, and there are now amazing shelves in the garage. There are also a couple of pieces of real furniture added to our collection (Thank you!).



On Friday, we took the day off of school and did a field trip. We took a nice long walk down to the breakwater and had a picnic. I got a real workout; there's a reason they call this part of town "the Mesa." I admit that I required P & B to walk the grade uphill on the way home (maybe 100 yards of nearly 2 miles).



Earlier in the week we watched Obama's speech. I took this shot of Wombles (who applauded every time Congress did) just after Pixie told me "Mom, we're mostly listening to President Obama" (= "Stop talking about the train, already!!").




These photos have nothing to do with what's going on...it's just late and I thought I'd add them to the update...especially for you grandparents out there.

Off to the park on a Sunday afternoon




Looking for whales...or neverland




Pixie's graph will make it up soon. It's done except that I have to add an extension because too many of you liked cucumbers, celery and cherry tomatoes. They couldn't all fit!

I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks,
F.C.

5 comments:

JMB said...

So cute! William is growing strong!

Your make shift living room looks fab!

JMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nona Bee said...

Hey Holly!!Thanks for posting so often!! I love seeing your photos--next best thing to being there!!Hugs and kisses to the children (and Jesse and yourself too!! ;0)
love you,
mom

Anonymous said...

Nice flatscreen, pimpin'!!!

I miss you, but am PUMPED to see you sooo often in the spring! :) XOXO
auntie n

Hol Cov said...

Yeah, I wish my real living room was as fab as the makeshift one...ditto the tv...I'm going to miss some things about this place! ;)