Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sunset Season



I think sunset season falls just between fire season and rainy season...whatever the timing, we've been having some doozies for the first few weeks of November. We do have those other four seasons, too. However, as one of J.D.'s co-workers put it last year: "How do you like winter?...it's subtle." But boy, do we have either wet wet wet or tinder.



Pixie has started a dance studio in the front room. It involves lots of twirling and lots of asking me to be the teacher. I quit ballet after second grade (alas), mainly because ballet class was the same day my friend Niki could play after school, I think. So I do what I can, which isn't much. Anyway, Pixie fires up the electric keyboard on "autoplay" and goes to town.





Bud tucks in "Delicate Blue Baby" nearly every night at bedtime. If you ask Bud the baby's name, he says "Baby Wombles," but he actually only refers to him as "Delicate Blue Baby." He is Bud's son. Last night Bud explained to me that he was taking care of D.B.B. because he loves him. "Like you and Daddy take care of me, right, Mom?" [melt]


1 comment:

Niki said...

I got a shout out in your blog! Cool! I don't remember if that was the reason, either, but I'm sure it was worth it! We had lots of fun.

That sunset is AMAZING. I want to come see those! Keep taking pics, you can never have too many of nature's beauty.