Wombles is settling into home life!Wow, so it's been a while. I remember saying to J.D., "I can't believe I haven't blogged since October SIXTH!" He said, "What you should be saying is, "I can't believe I've blogged since William was born!" What a nice guy. :) Of course, that conversation was at least a month ago...
The fall has flown here, all the more speedily with no falling leaves, color, or real temperature change until the past week, when our highs have dipped into the 60s. We are in a routine, and it's hard to mark that we're moving through time when every day seems so much like the one before. There are some highlights though! For example:
I heard Bud in the bathroom (a no-no without parental notification) running water (again...). As I was nursing Wombles, I just called to see what he was doing. "Washing my hands, Mama!" was the reply. I asked him to come out...somehow I had missed his discovery of one of Pixie's blue markers. Once he came out, he looked at me for a moment before wiping his marker-wet hands across his face. Just for fun, I guess!
This is one of the post-op photos of Pixie for her Chicago surgeon. It has been seven months now, and we're looking ahead rather than backwards now. We have an appointment with a new surgeon down at UCLA in January, but are really hoping to come back to Chicago instead.
In late October Wombles made his first cross-country trip with me. We saw my parents and grandmothers, and went to Stef's wedding in Savannah. Congratulations Stef and Kerry!


Our little munchkins on Halloween. I was vicariously Dorothy...Pixie's only seen about 5 minutes of the Wizard of Oz in her life, but I found the real-deal costume and couldn't pass it up. She was a good sport. Maybe she'll be a ladybug again next year (has been one twice already). Bud still likes to put on the dragon costume, only he thinks that means he can run to the neighbors and ask for candy any time he's wearing it.

"C----n on the Carry, II"
Westmont College had a Fall Festival mid-November, and Pixie and Bud had their first experience of a bounce house. It was awesome.
Early smile from Wombles--he grins at us often now ,and has even learned to laugh! J.D. is best at getting the chuckly giggles to come.
With the Thanksgiving break so short, it was nice to be close enough to family to drive. We went to Quincy (J.D.'s first Thanksgiving at home since he was 14) and celebrated with his parents, his sister & her family, grandmother....
The five eldest cousins had a great time playing. The younger two (Wombles and Effers) are about 2 months apart in age, and aren't running around QUITE yet.
We are still settling in. The garage is still full of boxes, although by now most of them are opened, some with contents strewn about. We are looking forward to the break from classes for J.D., for visits to come (We love you Matt and Brandy!!), to celebrating the first coming of Christ. May your December be peaceful and joyous. And thanks for checking in.

2 comments:
Thanks for the update on your blog!!! I enjoy visiting you all there (rather see you in person, however!! ;0)
As I am feeling land-locked, I am rejoicing in the Lord for the opportunity before you to spend the holiday in Hawaii....what a blessing!! Enjoy the time together! Lord-willing, we'll see you in January!!
My dear Covingtons,
Seeing your smiling, warm faces makes me just want to squeeze you all. Those pictures are fantastic. They gave me a glimpse into each moment, each precious face, each love-filled eye. Thank you for letting me know you had posted these. Wish we could see you. The first Chicago snow has melted, but we are hoping for more for Christmas! The temperature is supposed to go from 50 to 25 by tomorrow morning. Remember those chilly walks up the driveway to church in Wheaton? We'll be thinking of you.
Much love,
Margie for the Fawcetts
Post a Comment