Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nutmeg's Birthday

For Nutmeg's birthday this year I think I'll just share a poem that Pixie wrote about her sister last month. Here it is:








My Sister

My sister [Nutmeg] is as
cute as a small
kitten. When she
cracks a smile
it is like water
bursting out of

a rock on a hot
day. She is as
stubborn as the
ocean, whose
waves bever
stop coming in
and falling
back. She is one 
of a kind. Her hair
and eyes, the color
of bison fur. Those
eyes are full of 
fire, yet they sparkle
like ice, too. She
wants her own
way, to do what
she wants. Like
a star in the universe,
She is beautiful.

1 comment:

Nona Bee said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Bravo to Pixie for painting such a beautiful word picture! Warms my heart...I am smiling, thinking of y all!! Love you much!!
Mom//Nona