Any time Nutmeg sees candles or cake she calls out, "Happy Birthday!" in Margaretese. So today when she saw the advent wreath with all of the candles, she was at it again. She's somewhere between singing and chanting in the video, and the birthday is for Jesus.
Along with Nutmeg I am also looking forward to celebrating the Incarnation. As we said together in church this morning,
"God remembered his promise
to reconcile the world to himself;
He has come among us in Jesus Christ,
the eternal word made flesh.
He is the long-awaited Savior,
fully human and fully divine,
conceived by the spirit of God
and born of the virgin Mary."
The whiteboard on the side of our refrigerator has changed from counting down to Advent to counting down to CHRISTMAS! I let it rest today but it's all set for tomorrow. Twenty-two days!
May you know the joy of waiting in hope and with patience,
H
1 comment:
OH thank you! I am much cheered and reminded of the joys of advent, and of family. Love you!
Post a Comment