Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We are Here!

We made it peacefully to Boppy and Grandma's last night, with a stop for dinner at Chick-fil-A (Aaahhhh....). Already we have settled in to a new rhythm and a slower pace (I'll leave you to imagine the comparative chaos of four jetlagged children with a large house to explore. While those stresses are present, it's not the flavor of the time).

For tonight, I'll share pictures of our day. I will note that although J's parents didn't raise him here, they did spend time here in his younger days--enough time for him to have great stories about harvesting oysters!--and Boppy and Grandma brought toys with them across the country, so Nutmeg was walking around today shaking a maraca that J played with as a child. (Aaahhhhh...)


 
 Nutmeg discovering the joy of air conditioning through a floor vent


 
 I got to read and pray under that tree this afternoon. Plans to repeat!



 Nutmeg screeched for joy every time Ginger-the-Cat was near.



Bud caught his first frog (or toad). It was hard for him to say goodbye. Maybe we'll see him again tomorrow? Preferably OUTSIDE.



 We took an afternoon walk down the pier to retrieve the crab trap:


"We who are about to be your dinner salute you."



 See that handsome man smiling? We met fifteen years ago today. I am so grateful.

 Room to Roam. So beautiful. So peaceful. So glorious.


The three big kids staked claims to beds in a perfect-for-them room

 
Pixie's clothes are in the wardrobe, and her desk is neatly arranged...


With Nite-nite on her pillow!!!

 

That's right, we have Nite-nite again! After their longest separation ever, Pixie recovered Nite-nite at school the afternoon before we left. My friend S. prayed we would find it and within an hour, a student overheard Pixie asking an adult about him; the student led Pixie to her classroom, where NN had been camping out since he had been retrieved from the gazebo the week before. We are all thrilled to have him home...or wherever we are. :) After the past couple of months I am already feeling the change of pace and delighting in it. And not even worrying about how long it may last.

No comments: