Thursday, May 10, 2012

Temporizing in Eastertide

Christ is Risen!
We've passed the midway point of the thickest three weeks of the year. I am hoping to come up for air sometime soon, and signs point to yes...the dryer's fixed, I've led the wedding shower devotional that terrified me, and Pixie's through her first laser treatment down at UCLA. However, we have yet to replace the coffee maker, Mayterm is in full swing, and even though I've washed them twice the towels I used to clean up all of those eggs Nutmeg broke on the floor still smell awful. (Rotten eggs--who knew? I bagged them all up until after our laundry system was fully functional again. "Big mistake. HUGE.") 

In the midst of the overstuffed days I have been deeply aware of God's goodness to me. I am so grateful to be in the church--and our church in particular. It's one of the many ways I've seen Jesus going ahead of me these past couple of weeks. I am thankful. And I will be a little sad to see Eastertide come to an end.

In honor of the things done and those yet to do, and God's blessings in the midst of hardships and delights, and our being Easter people in a Good Friday world: 


 Our Crew on Easter Sunday


He is Risen, Indeed.

1 comment:

covcov said...

So happy to have BEEN there! Did I take these pictures? They are so YOU all, so full of what made that day so rich and delightful. And worship. That fed my soul. Love y'all! G'Ma