
Yes, I'm aware that we're only three days away from Nutmeg's Seven Monthaversary (Mesaversary, in our house). What better time to finally put up some six month photos than right before she turns seven months, and on THE DAY SHE BROKE HER FIRST LITTLE TOOTH?!?!?
I was sitting with her on the sofa today singing a song (which I was inventing on the spot) which included a line about her little gummy grins. No joke. I ran my finger over her little gums, like I ran them over her cheeks when I was singing about them...only, on her little gummy gums I felt something sharp and pointy! Aaaghhhhhh!
And I immediately started crying the way I can only assume every mama does when she finds the first tooth on what may be her last baby. Waaaahhh! [I can assume this because I am the picture of normalcy, right?]
And then I went outside to interrupt the water-fight-in-progress and show it off to the other four. So exciting! Nutmeg's getting a tooth!
So, to celebrate, I'll post a few photos of her at 6 months. I won't post any of Wombles, as I see now that I accidentally posted him at 6 months in the 5-month post. Oh, well.
Here's Nutmeggie:

People are constantly coming up to us and saying that she seems like such an easy baby. I agree. We've had a fussy baby, and Nutmeg is not one. While no baby is a breeze, some are more easygoing than others. I have to make a special effort to spend special time with Nutmeg--because she's generally well pleased to amuse herself playing with toys, rolling around after them on the floor, or bouncing in her exer-saucer. That's one reason I was inside singing to her and reading her books during the epic water fight. That, and it's just not a good idea for noncombatants to hang around a war zone...
She loves to explore toys with her hands and mouth, and is on the early end of enjoying the "I'll throw it down and watch you pick it up" game.
I'll note here that that game is MUCH more amusing now that there are three siblings dying to pick up the toy about one hundred times in a row. When I had to pick it up myself, not so much.

Whenever she sneezes, she immediately giggles about it. It's really cute.
She can't crawl yet, but she works to get toys.
I had about 15 photos I wanted to post, but I'll limit myself. I'm just really enjoying getting to know her little personality and want to keep each picture that hows a different facet of that.
I'm also trying really hard to avoid using the flash when possible...but this month it wasn't working for my point-and-shoot. She was moving a lot. Even though it's dark, here's a shot of Nutmeg as we often see her:

And again, with the flash:

She's very willing to be pleased, which is an incredibly endearing trait at any age, but perhaps especially in one who can't yet clearly communicate preferences. We love our Nutmeg! Happy Half-Birthday!...
2 comments:
You are a beloved softie--and I so get the tears! The Nutmeg is too much. I love that you wrote of who she IS, not just overwhelming us with the more-adorable-than-can-be-believed photos. O my! Thanks.
Wow! Yeay! I love the new posts! Thank you for the photos! She really reminds me of Kathy! She is so beautiful!
Joy
Post a Comment