
I feel a little guilty about doing this.
Let me just say that up front.
But I said I would, and so I am.
My mom has a really fabulous Canon DSLR or something camera. She's always been into photography, and had the cool big-lens-manual focus thing back when film was film, and film was expensive.
It's a happier world now that she can take lots and lots of pictures on a digital camera.
And she's taken a class on how to use it.
This is the woman who was referred to as the paparazzi by my friends when I was growing up. Thank you, Mom, that our lives have been well-documented, whether at Podunk swim meets or summer vacations or cross-country meets. The photos are treasures!
Naturally, when she was coming out after Christmas, I begged her to bring the "big camera." The thing (and its bag, etc) takes up a lot of room. LEAVE MY BREAST PUMP IN ATLANTA AND BRING THE CAMERA!!
She loves me. She did. She left the telephoto lens at home, but that's not so necessary when shooting a newborn, so that was OK.
And I got some of the pictures. When I tried to download the rest off of her card, though, it wouldn't work. I think because it was HD or something that my camera didn't understand. So we made a pact that she would get me the pictures after she got home. And I said she had two weeks before I called her out on my blog.
She said no, just give me one week.
Today is the 8th day.
I feel guilty because she has been working 12-hour shifts for (I think) five of those eight days. Also, we got a package from her in the mail today--shoe socks for Nutmeg, and hairbows, and two supersweet little outfits.
And again, also, she had sewn a pillow and blanket for Bud's Delicate Blue Baby, and shipped those along, too.
So between Mom working and sewing and shopping and, I don't know, living, I TOTALLY get why I haven't seen the pictures.
But here's where I'm calling you out, anyway. Because I'm a jerk.
MOM: SHOW ME THE PICTURES.
You can choose which of these I'm saying:
(substitute "pictures" for "money.")
Show me the pictures-1
Show me the pictures-2
For later discussion: Why do I think in movie quotes so often?

I love you so much, Mom!!
2 comments:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I love you too!!
I will show you the pictures....it's sorta ..kinda..outta my hands right now.....
But--I will "show you the pictures" (soon), and I can hear you saying:
"MAKE MY DAY"
;0)
LOVE YOU, mom
this. is. AWESOME!!!
-ps- i am still waiting on pictures from my baby shower. Just sayin'. So good luck ;)
LOVE YA!
Post a Comment