Friday, December 11, 2009

Vehicles

Some time in the last 2 weeks I came home and found that J and Bud were setting up to "play cars." How cute, I thought. It really is an idyllic sort of thing, isn't it? Bud asks his Daddy if he will please play cars with him, and in the midst of a somewhat-trying-overwhelming-season, J starts hauling out the tracks.

So I was in here working--or facebooking, can never be sure--and J runs into get the camera. The camera. To play cars? "Oh, yes. We've got it set up to do some crashes, and we want to catch it on film." ("film" having gone into metaphorical usage in our house, or very nearly).

I don't really have anything more to say about that little episode, except that there were repeatedly howls of laughter and cheering in the next room. I was reminded of the day J taught math and Bud's "Some, some went away" stories involved vomiting plastic teddy bear counters. And again, lots of laughter.

Here is some evidence:




Also, in other vehicular news, we got a new van. We are trying to figure out where the Astro's new home is going to be...I mam emotionally attached. But we are LOVING the Sienna, which I found on eBay! We didn't end up using eBay to purchase it. When the auction didn't meet reserve, we drove a couple of hours south and checked it out...and did the private party thing. The seller was wonderful and I think everyone ended up happy. I know I am! It is just so much easier then the Astro, which was still running but was experiencing progressive systems failure. Poor thing. It had been driving as long as I have! It needs a gentle retirement.


The children danced in the back on the evening it came home.


No comments: