Hello, everyone! We have been settling in more and more, although I've hit the point of diminishing returns on unpacking. Will the garage ever be empty of boxes? Will the avocado tree ever be planted? I will let you know if either happens!
I was inspired anew yesterday when in a friends' garage that actually had room for two cars to pull in, and boxes all neatly shelved on the side. They have been here for three years, though...
Bud's recent adventure with a kid fork. He has now officially graduated to using the grown-up variety! (We still give him the plastic ones sometimes, but he likes to bend those in half).
My favorite folks at the beach. The kids had a great time at the ocean--Pixie in the water with J.D., and Bud (like me) thinking the water too cold for swimming. This was the day I lost Pixie's glasses in the ocean...
J.D. and Pixie heading out for a Saturday morning "date" to the Wharf
We're all pretty excited about the new picnic table. We even have breakfast out there sometimes! On this particular morning, Bud ran and put on bumblebee rain boots so he could get outside as soon as he found out we were having a "picnic"
Smoke from the Zaca fire, as seen from our front porch last Friday afternoon
You can never have too many avocados! No, really! (Forget milk and honey, give me fresh guacamole)Last week, I finally got to talk to my friend Kim on the phone. As I called, I thought I heard Bud waking up...but then there was silence for half an hour. Back to sleep, of course, I assumed...wrongly. He had reached from his crib a box in which was wrapped a fragile item, and with some delight (apparently) had dismantled the whole, scattering the shredded paper hither and yon. When I finally went in to check on him, I decided to deal with it in a few minutes, after I hung up...

A ridiculous plan, as all of that shredded paper was clearly too much fun to scatter around in a private ticker-tape parade. I didn't think to get the camera until AFTER we'd started cleaning up, by the way...
We are enjoying a great visit this week with our niece. I hope to check in again soon, but this should you give you a picture of what our last few weeks have been like! J.D. starts teaching next week, so summer is offically coming to a close...with "junior" close on its heels. We're inside the 5-week-out mark now. I'm not sure which is a bigger day on the calendar for September, Notre Dame's home opener v. GA tech, or our due date of the 23rd! (just kidding). Since we don't have cable, we are joking about scheduling the delivery so that we can watch the Michigan game in the hospital... :)
More soon...I hope


1 comment:
Oh WOW!! I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I had no idea the extent of havoc he'd wrought while we were on the phone. Though I shouldn't have been surprised!! That little stinker -- cute but a stinker none the less.
Post a Comment